2D Paving with Trimble Roadworks Paving Control Platform
The Trimble Roadworks 2D Paving Control Platform for asphalt pavers is ideal for projects that require meeting a thickness specification. When milling is done to design using Trimble 3D technology, Trimble 2D paving technology can easily handle the task of paving a fixed thickness. Roadworks can reference off a surface, string line, or designed cross-slope. This makes the system an excellent, lower-cost option for roads that have been graded or milled using Trimble PCS900 Paving Control Systems.
Many Benefits From One System
Trimble Roadworks system can help you to:
• Lay the finished surface with accuracy to 0.01 feet (3 millimeters)
• Minimize the use of expensive material, pave within a tighter tolerance and get closer to the minimal asphalt thickness specification
• Reduce labor costs by controlling the screed with one operator
• Eliminate operator mistakes with the easy-to-use display interface
• Achieve maximum smoothness and rideability
• Finish on time
Roadworks Averaging Beam and Sonic Tracers
ST220 Sonic Tracers mounted on the averaging beam ignore irregularities such as grates, and stones that could otherwise decrease accuracy. The beam measures a full 30 feet (9.1 meters) in length as required by some governmental agencies and swings back behind the paver to reference both the adjoining surface and freshly laid mat.
3D Paving With Trimble Roadworks Paving Control Platform
The Trimble Roadworks 3D Paving Control Platform for asphalt pavers is a highly accurate, automatic 3D screed control system that can significantly improve paving productivity and rideability by directly referencing the design rather than a surface or string line to minimize asphalt usage, reduce waste and overruns, and finish projects on time and under budget. When used with a traditional asphalt paving machine with a tractor and hydraulically controlled floating screed with a supported 2D system, Roadworks can be used to place any variety of materials, including hot asphalt, cold recycled asphalt, road base, gravel, concrete treated base, sand or any other paving material.
Precision Paving with Less Material
The Roadworks system regularly achieves asphalt mat accuracies of 0.01-0.02 feet (3-6 millimeters), making it ideal for projects such as airports, large commercial surfaces, and highways. Accurate 3D control of the screed allows you to:
• Take out high and low areas early in the process with the less expensive materials
• Increase road smoothness using less asphalt than with traditional paving methods
• Lay complex designs such as transitions, super-elevated curves and frequently changing cross slopes
• Achieve accuracy and smoothness specifications, which can mean bonus income
The Horizontal Steering Control and automatic screed width controls on Vögele Navitronic asphalt pavers automatically steer and control the screed width for linear paving and radius paving according to 3D design, ensuring that pavement is placed accurately horizontally and vertically, all without operator intervention. Horizontal Steering and automatic screed width controls allow for a higher quality surface, and for more accurate, faster paving and with substantially less operator fatigue than with traditional asphalt paving methods.