R780 GNSS Smart Antenna
The ultra-rugged Trimble® R780 GNSS Smart Antenna offers unmatched reliability for construction site positioning. Ideal for use on small and large job sites, the R780 can serve as a GNSS
rover system or as a base station for other GNSS operations including machine control.
The R780 is scalable from entry-level to high precision applications to fit your needs. It has a longer battery life and incorporates the latest technology to make construction surveying easier, safer and more productive.
Rugged, all-in-one solution
• Compact design with unprecedented strength and durability, easy to use and virtually indestructible
• Tilt compensation makes site positioning easier and more accessible for new users, while saving time and money for experienced users
• The most rugged receiver Trimble has ever built helps you eliminate downtime
• Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) corrections for higher-accuracy site measurements
• More GNSS satellites increase productivity and uptime and give you greater accuracy in difficult conditions such as tree canopy or urban areas
• Use the eBubble to see the verticality of the receiver in Trimble Siteworks Software instead of on the rod bubble for more efficient surveying, especially in low-light conditions
The R780 is compact and can easily go from carrying case to range pole, tripod, t-bar or vehicle with a single click so you can get going faster.
Trimble ProPoint technology
Trimble ProPoint™ GNSS technology uses all available signals to provide survey-grade positioning in challenging environments where other GNSS systems either can’t provide a solution at all or produce unreliable error estimates.
Trimble xFill technology
Trimble xFill® technology seamlessly fills in for gaps in RTK or VRS connection streams if the connection is lost, expanding site productivity by allowing short excursions into locations where GNSS corrections were not previously available.
Using the R780 and Trimble Siteworks Software it is now possible to capture accurate points while standing, walking or driving the site in a vehicle, while the receiver is not level.
Full GNSS tilt compensation makes Siteworks easier to learn for beginners and saves significant time for more experienced surveyors. Tilt compensation in vehicle mode is designed to capture higher accuracy measurements on steeper slopes from a moving vehicle, and more accurate volume measurements to save time and money on material planning.
• Easily and safely survey hard-to-reach areas (corners, traffic lanes, utility flowlines)
• Faster measurements
• More efficient stake-outs
• No magnetic interference
Mount the R780 to a vehicle and do site topos, road centerlines, and check as-builts in even the roughest site conditions. The R780 can withstand high vibration scenarios without interruption or fear of damage.
It has never been so easy to survey. Initial site work and topos can even be done base station-free using satellite-delivered GNSS corrections to the rover.
With the R780 and Siteworks, you can:
• Determine cut/fill on a range pole, utility vehicle or truck
• Record tilt data when taking measurements
• Stake out site or road features, utilities, daylight lines and side slopes
• Measure progress and calculate material stockpile volumes
• Carry out as-built measurements, grade checks and thickness checks
Using your smartphone, quickly check the health and status of the receiver with the Trimble GNSS Status App. For a more in-depth look, the Trimble Web UI can be accessed over Wi-Fi. Setting a new standard for rugged reliability, the R780 keeps your crews working, not wasting time with GNSS maintenance.
Reliable base station
The R780 can also serve as a powerful site base station, receiving corrections for rover or machine control work via optional radio or the integrated Wi-Fi for savings and faster start-up.
It is the easiest base station on the market. The R780 will automatically establish a connection with the machine radio or GNSS rover and begin transmitting corrections—just put it on the tripod, switch it on, and go.