GL612 & GL622
The Spectra Precision® Laser GL12 and GL622 grade lasers are easy-to-use, full featured automatic grade lasers. Both models feature a rugged design and automatic self-leveling lasers with a grade capability of +/- 25 percent. General and specialty contractors can use these grade lasers in a wide variety of grading, excavating and alignment applications. Included with the GL612 and GL622 is the RC602 full-function radio remote control. The RC602 offers you advanced automatic features like Grade Match, PlaneLok and Automatic Axis Alignment. The remote and transmitters feature an intuitive graphic display that is back-lit for easy viewing. Contractors will find they can do everything they normally do at the laser keypad when using the RC602 remote control, within 330 feet, even when in the cab of a machine. This ability to make grade changes remotely significantly reduces set up time and speeds up operations.
The GL612 and GL622 are also packaged with the advanced HL750 laserometer, which provides you with a digital readout of the elevation and can be operated within a 2600-foot diameter. The HL750 laserometer communicates wirelessly with the transmitters to provide automatic Grade Matching, which allows the measurement of unknown grade values between two points.
PlaneLok, available on the HL750, locks the beam onto the receiver automatically and keeps the beam on grade, reducing typical environmental factors that could produce an error. PlaneLok is available in both the horizontal and vertical planes for applications that require maximum stability and accuracy. The HL750 can also communicate with a second HL750 for long-range wireless remote display and monitoring.
An even wider range of applications, such as anchor bolt installations, form, tilt up and curtain wall plumbing is possible when the self-plumb of the GL612 and GL622 is in the vertical position.
The GL612 and GL622 feature a rugged design with IP67 moisture and dust sealing so that these grade lasers can handle tough jobsite conditions. These grade lasers can also survive a drop of up to 3 feet onto concrete.
The GL612 is a single grade laser and the GL622 is a dual grade laser.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic electronic self-leveling provides fast, easy horizontal level, grade, and vertical plumb setup
- Large compensated grade range from -25% to +25%
- Quick setups with the radio remote control for horizontal, vertical and grade applications
- Electronic Leveling Vibration Filter dampens vibrations typically experienced on tall tripods, in high winds, or on high vibration jobsites.
- No rework due to automatic temperature and grade- and cross axis compensation
- Automatic Axis Alignment doing precise automatic axes alignments to a desired alignment points without positioning the receivers 90° perpendicular
- (+/-40° alignment range on Y- and X-axis)
- Automatic Grade Match (Y- or X-axis separate) measures and displays the existing grade over unknown ground and eliminates time consuming and error prone calculations, time spent searching for grade plans, and over excavating (X- only GL622)
- Automatic PlaneLok (Y- or X-axis) automatically locks on to an existing elevation or vertical alignment point which eliminates all drift or possibility of error due to improper calibration or weather (X- only GL622)
- Very rugged, survives a 1 m (3 ft) drop on concrete—reduces service and repair costs
- Mask mode eliminates interference with other crews on the jobsite
- Different rotation speeds (continuously adjustable) plus Scanning Mode offer additional value and make sure also requirements of Interior jobsite will be fulfilled (only GL622)
Applications of the GL612 & GL622 Grade Lasers
- General construction leveling such as forms, footers and pads
- Precision placement of concrete for critical specification surfaces over long distance and with laser controlled screeds (Automatic PlaneLok)
- Drift free general construction vertical alignment and plumb for anchor bolt installation, plus form, tilt up and curtain wall plumbing (Automatic PlaneLok)
- General construction grading and excavating
- Steep slope road embankments and ditch banks
- Sports fields, driveways, ramps and drainage